Today, I ask my Higher Power to help me accept life as it is rather than how I think it should be.
This intention has the power to bring peace and serenity to your day. It is about accepting all the events and experiences that happen today as lessons for our ultimate good. Even in things that we perceive as bad, we ask our Higher Power to reveal the lesson we need to learn through them. This intention is about our openness and willingness to accept life rather than fighting to control it. We remember that we can’t steer the river.
For those of you joining us for the first time, I am posting a Weekday intention Monday through Friday at 7 AM Denver time. You can receive these as I post them on WordPress or you can receive these automatically in your email by going to blog.rjhandley.com and clicking the follow button or enter your email address. Please join us in changing the world one person at time beginning with ourselves.
This last Friday I posted the first Weekday intention. The blog post is titled “The Power of Intention.” Check it out in the Reader for more about the philosophy behind intentions and how they can change the way that you respond to life at work, at home, and at play.
These intentions have helped keep me attuned and connected to God’s power, love, and way of life. I created them based on my studies of authors such as Michael Singer, Thich Nhat Hanh, Eckhart Tolle, Ram Dass, Deepak Chopra, Adyashanti, Bill W. and others who are recognized masters of spiritual psychology.
Starting your day with the Weekday Intention is a great way to boot up with the spiritual software that will get you into alignment with your Higher Power. You will then find that your Higher Power responds to the intention by working within your environment and circumstances to support your intention.
Here’s how to activate the inherent power of each intention:
- Before beginning the workday, find a quiet place to sit, free from distractions.
- Let go of “doing” and focus on “being.”
- Ask your Higher Power for the power to live your intention as fully as you can, knowing that each intention is something that you can do today that will improve who you are and bring about the best outcomes for all those you come in contact with today.
- Place your hand on your heart and connect with yourself.
- Say the intention to yourself until you can feel its power within you.
- Ask your Higher Power to help keep you aware of and committed to each intention throughout the day.
- Begin your workday.
Again, go to my blog and sign up and you will automatically receive your Weekday Intention.
If you would like to work one-on-one on with me concerning an issue that is robbing you of your happiness such as depression, anxiety, relationships, negative thoughts, or esteem, contact me. I’m at rjhandley.com. Google my name if you’d like to find out more about me.
Happy Intentional Living,
RJ Handley, Life Coach