Today, I will ask my Higher Power for the courage to commit to doing what I have been avoiding.
This intention is about overcoming fear. So often we let the critical, fear-producing thoughts in our head prevent us from doing the things that are most important to us. Today, commit to action. Ignore the thoughts. If what it is you are committing to is motivated by love, then your Higher Power will work through you to accomplish the task.
For those of you joining us for the first time, I am posting a Weekday intention Monday through Friday at 6 AM Denver time. You can receive these as I post them automatically in your email by going to blog.rjhandley.com and clicking the follow button and entering your email address. Please join us in changing the world one person at time beginning with ourselves.
Just recently, I posted the first Weekday Intention. I included it in the blog post that was the introduction to all the Weekday Intentions that follow. It’s titled “The Power of Intention.” If you would like to read it, follow this link: https://wordpress.com/post/blog.rjhandley.com/518 “The Power of Intention” post provides more about the philosophy behind intentions and how they can change the way that you respond to life at work, at home, and at play.
These intentions have helped keep me attuned and connected to God’s power, love, and way of life. I created them based on my studies of authors such as Michael Singer, Thich Nhat Hanh, Eckhart Tolle, Ram Dass, Deepak Chopra, Adyashanti, Bill W. and others who are recognized masters of spiritual psychology.
Starting your day with the Weekday Intention is a great way to boot up with the spiritual software that will help connect and attune you with your Higher Power. You will then find that your Higher Power responds to the intention by working within your environment and circumstances to support your intention.
Here’s how to activate the inherent power of each intention:
- Before beginning the workday, find a quiet place to sit, free from distractions.
- Let go of “doing” and focus on “being.”
- Ask your Higher Power for the power to live your intention as fully as you can, knowing that each intention is something that you can do today that will improve who you are and bring about the best outcomes for all those you come in contact with today.
- Place your hand on your heart and connect with yourself.
- Say the intention to yourself until you can feel its power within you.
- Ask your Higher Power to help keep you aware of and committed to each intention throughout the day.
- Begin your workday.
Again, go to my blog and sign up so you will automatically receive your Weekday Intention.
Happy Intentional Living,